Gurugram: Far from what this succulent kebab is associated with, seekh kebab can also turn into a weapon of destruction with no prior notice! Yes, in an unexpected turn of events a 69 year old man choked on a six inch seekh kebab! This event culminated into a near death situation when he was rushed into the medical emergency. He was eventually wheeled into the emergency of Gurugram based Artemis Hospital with the patient’s inability to speak or breathe. There was absolutely no air entry in the lungs and he was barely maintaining oxygen levels in the body.
The doctors took over from this point and within five minutes of presenting him in the ER, they got onto the job in full swing, performing a lifesaving procedure called tracheostomy to give artificial passage to breathe from the neck. Tracheostomy also proved inadequate as the large kebab was found to be obstructing below the artificial passage. This posed a huge challenge for surgeons and anaesthetist to maintain life during complete obstruction even as routine ENT instruments were of limited use due to the large nature of such a block.
(On the left) The actual image of seekh kebab recovered post the successful surgical operation of the patient.